I got an 8 qt Instant Pot on Prime Day sale and have been cooking with it. I’ve been following other recipes but pieced together one for the lasagna.
- Lasagna pasta, uncooked
- Cheese mix:
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, diced
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup cottage cheese (can probably use ricotta)
- 1 egg
- Tomato sauce:
- 28-oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly milled black pepper
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 80% lean)
- 3 cups of spinach (but I didn’t really measure)
- Prep the loose bottom pan by wrapping the bottom with foil.
- Mix together the cheese mix in a bowl. Mix together the sauce in a separate bowl.
- Layer one layer of lasagna in the pan. From the bottom to the top: Pasta, cheese, sauce, beef, spinach. Break up the pasta into smaller pieces so it would fit in the pan.
- Do another layer of lasagna in the pan.
- Top of the lasagna with a layer of sauce and then a layer of cheese.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- In the Instant Pot, pour in 3 cups of water.
- In the Instant Pot, put down a trivet. Then make a foil sling. Put the sling in on the trivet and the lasagna pan on top of the trivet.
- Close the Instant Pot and make sure the lid is on “seal.”
- “Manual” at high pressure for 35 minutes. Allow it to naturally release all the way.
- Pull pan out with the sling.
- Optionally, remove the top foil cover and broil in the oven to brown the cheese.